Saturday, October 17, 2015

Haunt My House

After actually doing a decent amount of cleaning, it's time to decorate! Excitement levels this year remain at an all-time low, so I've decided to go small, with a couple of dedicated display areas instead of trying to spread the Halloween spirit all over the house. Also, we have so many geeky toys and knickknacks around the house already that it's hard for Halloween-specific things to stand out.



I kind of want to go out and buy new fun decorations to make my displays, but I know that's a waste of money. I try not to spend money on frivolous things when I'm depressed, in case it makes me feel better. That seems like a bad habit to get into, you know?



So I'm stuck with what I have, which is not inconsiderable. And I can always augment with old costume pieces and props, which helps. So I guess it's time to play around and see what I can do!


And.. there it is. I guess 'cluttered' is my aesthetic this year. Oh, well. I also put some (artificial) pumpkins here...


and there...


Maybe at some point we'll get a real pumpkin, too. But until then, Happy Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment