Saturday, October 3, 2015

Fall Fabric

I took a trip downtown to the Fabric District today. Normally an early-October trip to the FD would mean all-out costume fabric shopping. But since I'm not working on costumes right now, I had no reason to go. Until my friend who is currently planning her wedding asked me to tag along. I'm one of the bridesmaids, so it was exciting to get a chance to help pick out our dress fabric for the wedding.


But of course I couldn't totally resist the siren song of all that fabric. Just because I don't need costumes for Halloween doesn't mean I don't need a costume ever. Already next year there's the Renaissance Faire,  Comic-Con International, Labyrinth Masquerade, and Costume College. For some of those, I make multiple costumes.

So I'm always on the lookout for good fabric, and today I found some.



It feels good to have a sewing project, even if it's not for this Halloween. You never know when you'll need a costume! Or, in this case, a cute Halloween-themed dress. More pictures to come when it's done.

In the meantime, though, I'm at home visiting my parents, and with temperatures still in the 80s, it's hard to stay in that fall spirit. Tomorrow, though, should bring some rain, and the finale of the newest cable zombie show, Fear the Walking Dead, which should put me back in the mood for a scare.


1 comment: